Welcome to Sandwich Generation Squeeze
We are thrilled to have you as a guest on Sandwich Generation Squeeze. Please read through the following information, and follow the steps at the end to prepare for your podcast episode.
Audience & Format
Sandwich Generation Squeeze targets the generation squeezed between caring for children and aging parents. The main topic is mental health and wellness. The special sauce is the way we approach the sandwich generation: blending mental health tools with humor, insight, and stories.
We feature guests who share their experiences related to this stage of life. Let’s make your episode both personal and educational/actionable for the audience in terms of how your professional and personal experience relates to the Sandwich Generation Squeeze. We’d also love to hear what advice you would give to fellow squeezers who are in this unique stage of life.
If curious, you’re welcome to take a look at previous episodes.
The format is a free-flowing conversation — very flexible and friendly. The time goal for the entire episode is about 30 minutes.
Recording & Technical Details
We’ll be talking over a recording platform called Squadcast which is similar to Zoom. We will email you a link which you will click from your computer to join our video call at the scheduled time. We will handle the recording on our end using Squadcast which records separate audio tracks directly to the cloud.
- Find a quiet place to record with no distractions. A small room is best to limit echoing. The ideal environment would be a closet full of coats, whereas the worst room would be a glass office. Close any windows, turn off any fans, and turn off sounds on your computer and phone.
- Before our scheduled call, we’ll send you a Squadcast link which you need to open from your computer with Chrome. Make sure you select the correct mic (the browser will prompt you). We ask that you not use a mobile device as the quality of the recording will be affected.
- We will be able to see each other on video during the call, but only audio will be recorded. We will take a few screenshots to use for promotional purposes.
- Please wear wired headphones and have a wired microphone for best sound quality. If you do not have a microphone, we recommend that you purchase this microphone which plugs into your computer’s USB port and has a built-in headphone jack. If you do not have headphones, we recommend these headphones. If you do not have either a mic or headphones, we recommend this headset or this headset. Make sure whatever mic you use doesn’t rub against or move on any fabrics or surfaces as the mic is very sensitive to external noise.
- Please avoid jewelry or loud accessories that might interfere with the quality of the recording.
- We want to be sure we can hear you — speak slowly, clearly and naturally.
- Try to relax and be yourself: the format is very free-form, friendly, and forgiving.
Your Next Steps
Here’s what you should do next:
If you ever have any questions, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to our chat!
Cris and Dianne